Fly Fusion Forums

Open House About Mining The Livingstone Range

A public meeting is scheduled this coming Wednesday (Oct. 6th) to discuss a proposed industrial project within the pictured landscape, the Livingstone Range (refer to attached image).

Please be present if you care about the future of this cherished land.

Purpose of the meeting: Micrex Development Corp. is hosting a "public open house" to discuss its proposed "Burmis Quarry Project" with the community.

Place: the Cowley Hall, Cowley Alberta

Time: 4PM - 7PM.

For further details:

http://burmisproject.com/

This message, perhaps the only one you have seen that describes the upcoming meeting, is being sent to you with the hope that, if you care about the future of the Livingstone Range, you will attend the meeting. And if you care, please do whatever you can to apprise others of this meeting. Many people, like me, haven't seen it advertised, although I have been told that a small ad has appeared in at least one weekly newspaper.

I know that for many of you, the meeting could hardly have been scheduled to occur at a worse time, given various ranching and harvest activities that are weather-driven and seasonally demanding. Regardless, you may find that this meeting is one you can't afford to miss; your future may depend on it.

I sure hope they don't rip up the countryside like this resource company is doing. Bastards, eh? ;)

I thought there were surface disturbance regs for native grasslands in the foothills...even on private land. Maybe not for some resource companies.

schatzhill6459-0.jpg

schatzhill6461b-0.jpg

• 1 month later...