Fly Fusion Forums

Puppy And Happy Torontonian

Gary

Nice bull trout! What kind of puppy was that?

The puppy is a timber wolf. Probably a year old and not quite full grown. The bull trout is quite a story. Earlier in the day Doug, guy with the pictured bull, hooked a small cutty and out comes a bull after it chasing it around the hole. Doug lands the cutt and I put on a streamer and catch the bull. A nice one over 26 inches.

Same hole 3 hours later Doug hooks another small cutty and out comes the bull pictured chasing the cutt around the hole. Quickly I change to a streamer when Doug hollers the bull has the cutt and a major battle ensues. Doug is really horsing the two fish around trying to reclaim his trout. Bull does not give an inch he wants that little cutt badly. The bull has the cutt firmly in his big mouth sideways and wont give up. Pretty soon the bull is giving poor Doug a battle he wasn't bargaining for. (Course I am chastising him for bait fishing while the battle rages.) He gets the bull close again after a few minutes and we can no longer see the cutt in his mouth. Naturally we think the bull had to of swallowed the poor little guy. Shortly Doug lands the bull, his size 14 caddis hooked neatly in the bulls upper lip. We spot the cutty up higher in the hole dead on the bottom. Go figure!