Fly Fusion Forums

Cloudveil Warranty Help?

loviatt

My cloudveil waders sprung a leak on the weekend. I understand that the company recently changed hands, and is still honoring lifetime warranties on the products purchased before the sale. Does anyone have any experience contacting them, as their toll free number is not available for use in canada, and no local number is available on the site. I have e-mailed, but got nothing back after a few days. As it gets colder, my wader needs are getting greater and greater... maybe should have bought the simms ones instead, but i really do love the waders...

I have been trying to contact them as well as my 2nd set of 8x's recently spring a leak right where all the seems meet in the heel of the right foot. After trying a bunch of numbers and no luck I just decided to try to fix them myself. I pulled the outside tape off from around the area and found a hole about the size of a ball point pen right on the seam. Gave it the Aqua Seal treatment, and then glued the seam tape back down again withe Aqua Seal. For 5 minutes of work I now have a set of waders that are as dry as the day I bought them and you cant even tell there was a hole in them. Not to mention saved me the 40 bucks of sending them back and then the additional $40 brokerage fee when they sent me a new pair last time.

In short, if its doesnt seem like a major leak, save yourself the hassle and try fix them yourself. Mine seemed major with the amount of water that was in my waders at the end of a day of fishing, but turned out to be quite a simple fix.

I would definitely recomend sending them in both me and my brother had small leaks in our 8X's and they were fairly promptly replaced with the new I think Snakerivers, Here is the info you need:

Cloudveil Wader Warranty and Repair Policy

We build Cloudveil waders to last. If a Cloudveil wader fails due to workmanship or material defect during the life of the product, please return it to us for repair or replacement. All defective or damaged waders must be returned for evaluation and will be repaired, replaced or returned at the sole discretion of Cloudveil. PLEASE NOTE: We do not warranty damages caused by improper care, accidents/abuse or natural deterioration over extended use and time.

To submit any wader to our warranty repair center, a return authorization number (RA) must be issued. Please call Cloudveil Customer Service at 888-763-5969 to be issued an RA. Typical turnaround time for repairs (with shipping) is two to three weeks, but may be longer during periods of high volume. PLEASE NOTE: All waders must be cleaned before being returned to Cloudveil, unclean waders returned for repair and/or warranty will be returned to sender.

If it is determined that a repair is not warranty related, we will offer to repair your waders for the cost of the repair, plus shipping. In these instances, we will contact you with a repair estimate for your approval before initiating the repair

Haven't tried the Simms but I must say I really like my Cloudveil's.

Sorry I missed the part about there number not working from Canada, that is where I called from probably about 6 months ago, if your home phone doesn;t work you could try setting up a skype account and calling them that way.

Cheers,

Brian