Fly Fusion Forums

Mackinnon To Caresland

I have never drifted this section of the river and have a couple of questions for those that have. I was wonderng if this float can be done in one day, and if so how long it takes? Also, is there time to walk wade the shore in a day trip? Is it better to go from Janzens to Caresland for a day trip? Thanks in advance for your input.

Depending on water flow it's about a 6 hour float.

As Kungfool said You can spend as much time as you want wading.

The bottom section has a lot of pasture water.

If you go, you will see the " Portage 5 K keep left" sign. Ignore it STAY RIGHT.

Have fun

BK

I pretty much float this section every weekend. I normally get on the water at 800 and get off around 4:30 and I do a fair number of stops. If you are in a hurry you can do it in 6 hours or so if you stay in your boat. Note a drift boat will be slower by an hour or so...I agree ignore the sign stay right. No issue at all with the weir. An idiot must have put the signs up.

I'll be on this section again Friday. If you see me (fish cat cougar) say hi

Thanks for all the input to all. The float was nice. Liked the water between Jensens and Caresland best. Tons of dinks out and caught, found a few in the high teens with some taking hoppers explosively. The day was long with a few stops. Probably 13 hours. Water temp was 65 and pumped a couple of the larger fish. Seemed to be on to some type of scuds, super small anyway. Have fun on the float Jeremie.