Fly Fusion Forums

Houston Texas

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

Just got back from Houston.

Thought about fishing...ended up sitting in an air conditioned Minute Maid Stadium watching the Astros. 38 degrees and 92% humidity is just dam hot.

I need to get Rick R's mom to take me fishing next February for something. August is just plain hot.

Just got back from Houston.

Thought about fishing...ended up sitting in an air conditioned Minute Maid Stadium watching the Astros. 38 degrees and 92% humidity is just dam hot.

I need to get Rick R's mom to take me fishing next February for something. August is just plain hot.

That's why we fish from 5 AM to about 10 or so. Summer fishing can be good, but you gotta want it. Next time you are down, let me know. My brother and cousin fish a lot and would love to show someone from up North around.

Guest Sundancefisher
That's why we fish from 5 AM to about 10 or so. Summer fishing can be good, but you gotta want it. Next time you are down, let me know. My brother and cousin fish a lot and would love to show someone from up North around.

I will definitely take you up on that. How much time is needed to do that? I could probably get a half day off or maybe two half days off. Is there any fishing really close to downtown Houston?

While I know that some people fish the Bayou system through Houston, I've never done it. All my fishing is on the coast. Depending on where you are, anywhere from 45 minutes to 1.5 hrs from Houston. Mornings tend to be better. So you could go early in the morning, finish by 11 or so, then back downtown. If you wanted to go during the week, you could hire a guide. If during the weekend, I can probably hook you up.