Fly Fusion Forums

Mac To Carseland

Rufus28

Went for a float with my buddy dmac on Saturday. On the water for 6AM tried Nymphing for about an hour or so and nothing happening. Switch over to streamers and second or third cast something just smashs the streamer and runs upstream. Dmac is driving and is working at getting the boat out of the current. Fish starts running at the boat and I am stripping line like there is no tommorow he sees the boat and takes off downstream. Then he decides to tease us with a glimpse of his belly, pops up and rolls over and all we see is gold and white and proceeds to take off back upstream. Dmac gets the boat parked and jumps out with the net, and I am able to get the fishes head up long enough for Dmac to net him.....

brownie.th.jpg

Biggest and prettiest Brown I have ever caught. Not taped but at least 22-24"

Further downstream we run into a massive Trico? hatch looked like streams of smoke coming off the shore. Nothing rising to it....

aug152010hatch092.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Streamers were the ticket for the day with a couple more bows landed and even more LDR'ed. All in all it was a great day and it was nice to be out early and by the looks of the parking lot at Carseland we had quite the floatila coming down behind us.

Beauty brown! I'd also guess trico's... though it almost looks thick enough to be light foggy patches. wow. was anything sipping off the top in quiet water? Sometimes those big fish will key on trico's and you can almost bank on joining the 20/20 club when they do :)

Beauty brown! I'd also guess trico's... though it almost looks thick enough to be light foggy patches. wow. was anything sipping off the top in quiet water? Sometimes those big fish will key on trico's and you can almost bank on joining the 20/20 club when they do :)

I can assure you that those clouds were insects. It was really cool to watch the clouds ebb and flow. Before we had arrived where the bugs were congregating I said to Dmac that it looks like someone is camping on the shore and must a lit a fire, this was probably 1/2 mile up river.

We stopped quite a few times to watch the slow water and eddys and there were no snouts, sucked as I was ready with my 4 wt to get in on all of this dry action I keep reading about...