Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing In The City

Not purposely wanting to sound like a jerk, but literally, close your eyes and pick a spot on the map and go there - walk up stream or down and give it a whirl!! Failing that, hit Fish Creek Park and you should be set. South part of the river produces more then the NW... Lots of reports on here so scroll through and get a bit of background info...

Enjoy!

P

I'm visiting Calgary for ten days and was hoping someone could tell me of some good spots on the bow river to do some fly fishing from shore with waders.

Not purposely wanting to sound like a jerk, but literally, close your eyes and pick a spot on the map and go there - walk up stream or down and give it a whirl!! Failing that, hit Fish Creek Park and you should be set. South part of the river produces more then the NW... Lots of reports on here so scroll through and get a bit of background info...

Enjoy!

P

Thanks P, I look forward to getting started, I'm looking for easy access and fish creek park sounds like a good place to start.

fishcreekpark is perfect, easy access, a pedestrian bridge that lets you hit both banks and there's trout in that water! failing that, anything south of 22x is going to produce, good luck man...