Fly Fusion Forums

How To Kill An Hour In Calgary...

SteveM

I was a little disappointed that I had to turn down a chance to float the Bow today; I worked all night (finished @ 7am), then had a couple appointments during the day. Luckily, I work within 5 minutes of the Bow & had a bit of time to kill after work; the decal on my car window told me what I should do with that time...

p7010402.jpg

So, I spent an hour on the river...

p7010397.jpg

p7010396.jpg

p7010380.jpg

p7010382.jpg

p7010388.jpg

p7010387.jpg

p7010385.jpg

p7010392.jpg

p7010391.jpg

More to come...

p7010389.jpg

Even managed to catch a 22" brown trout; only had one good eye & was kinda slinky, but took me downriver in a hurry...

p7010375.jpg

p7010372.jpg

p7010370.jpg

Certainly would have preferred to do that float, but I sure enjoyed the short time I got on the water.

Happy Canada Day!

Amazing that you had time to fish after all those flower shots! :)

Caught fish first; then, flower shots, etc. Most of 'em were on the short walk back to my car. I've got my priorities straight! :P

sick pics dude! love the decal!!! dotn touch that plant with teh black veins in on teh pedals.. henbane of some sort! crazy poisonous ive bin told!!! a extremely active plant that may not kill ya but mess u up real good!!!!! can even obsorbe the oiul or wutever through teh skin!!!!! they do look real cool tho!!!!!!!!

Very artful. I don't usually appreciate graffiti, but that was a unique backdrop for your rod and reel.

Thanks. It's different every time I fish there. One day I saw a couple city employees painting over the graffiti; nice to know my tax dollars are being used to give these vandals a fresh canvas! :thumbdown:

Your signature photo is a nice photoshop job Baablahblah.

I know, it's hard to believe a man can be that danged homely & still be allowed out in public, ain't it???

BTW, my daughter took that pic; she is super-pissed that you questioned her artistic integrity. She wants to know where you live... :angel:smail:

Nice shots. Arty as noted.

Heck, if I wanna "... Kill An Hour In Calgary..." I just hit the Deerfoot and it stops for about one hour. Happens about 2 of 3 times...that's why I avoid Cowtown at all costs. :P

You cowboys and cowgirls do have a nice fishery in town that is rather enviable.

Yahoo ...