Fly Fusion Forums

Favorite Fishing Videos

The last few weeks I've not been feeling the greatest so I've been watching some fishing videos. With this rain I have been too, helps keep me sane since I can't actually fish. Anyway thought it would be interesting to know what other like to watch. My favorites are:

A Passion for Angling Series - I highly recommend this one - old but filled with good humor - it's from the UK

Underwater World of Trout

Can't wait for clear streams!

I like to watch good old "a river runs through it" and then tons of youtube vids about BC steel. Or go through pics... like my alaska ones...

speaking of which...I went with a guide up there for rainbows and all they use is flesh / egg patterns. That's what the fish eat. That's the "hatch". Why have salad when you can eat steak? Up there they could give a rats ___ about what's "proper", they do what it takes to catch fish. If more people concerned themselves with that, then worrying about what flies people use, they'd stress themselves out a lot less. Unless of course your talking about using real eggs. Then that's bait and bait kills fish we all know that.

I like to watch good old "a river runs through it" and then tons of youtube vids about BC steel. Or go through pics... like my alaska ones...

speaking of which...I went with a guide up there for rainbows and all they use is flesh / egg patterns. That's what the fish eat. That's the "hatch". Why have salad when you can eat steak? Up there they could give a rats ___ about what's "proper", they do what it takes to catch fish. If more people concerned themselves with that, then worrying about what flies people use, they'd stress themselves out a lot less. Unless of course your talking about using real eggs. Then that's bait and bait kills fish we all know that.

now i see why you love the red leach so much my friend , and if that don't make you laugh brian , this vid will make you piss your pants '' strong cheddar '' make sure you watch it till the very end

kids will laugh ,

http://www.johnnolanfilms.com/films/nolans-cheddar/

If more people were less concerned about the number game.... they would stress themselves out alot less. Never seen a hatch of roe before..... Suspect I never will.... Back to point I do agree with the youtube vids on Steel...hours of entertainment there.

Never seen a hatch of roe before..... Suspect I never will....

head on up to alsaksa and stand in a river that 50 million "reds" or sockeye have gone upstream in. (EG: the Kenai below the mouth of the Russian River). You'll see the entire river flowing by you is a cesspool of eggs. Therefore, a "hatch". LOL... of course I am figuratively speaking, but if it's in the drift and in the fishes faces and is a good source of protien of course the fish are going to eat them.