Fly Fusion Forums

Don's Gunslinger Chironomid

kal3

Anybody know where Grant Fines got to ??

Yup. He moved to Utah to do consulting work in the same type of industry that he and Don were/are involved in. Their company, Firebird Technologies was sold late last year, making both Granny and Don fairly "well-off". Don("Satch") has signed a 5 year CEO/management contract to stay on with Firebird, Grant initially indicated he was heading back to Trail at some point, just not sure when.

This has rattled my chain, I'll shoot Granny an email and find out. If what he is up to is "suitable for general audiences", I'll post an update.

j

Yup. He moved to Utah to do consulting work in the same type of industry that he and Don were/are involved in. Their company, Firebird Technologies was sold late last year, making both Granny and Don fairly "well-off". Don("Satch") has signed a 5 year CEO/management contract to stay on with Firebird, Grant initially indicated he was heading back to Trail at some point, just not sure when.

This has rattled my chain, I'll shoot Granny an email and find out. If what he is up to is "suitable for general audiences", I'll post an update.

j

I hope he gets back on SFOTF. It's just not the same without him.

Granny has a bit of a haul in Utah, yet. He is trying to get a tech manufacturing company up and "over the top" operationally so he can retire "and get back to where there is some water to fish in!"

He will be in Trail, BC at the end of July, for his son's wedding and he has a date on the river with Satch and I and many beers. :)

j