Fly Fusion Forums

First Time Flying

Well its finally gonna happen. Lol. I have beer league softball on Sundays and when the Bow opens up again next week I will hit up the bo by shouldice for an attempt to fly with one of my buddies who know how to very well. Might be runoff so I'm planning on using streamers on the banks, maybe a B. River Bugger? Anyways I was wondering whats the best bet for line size? Looking at the fly size to line recommendations it looks like 5wt is a safe choice. Any advice on this as I wont have a few rods until I get down the basics. Anyone have any recommendations up by shouldice? I think I know of some overhanging trees on the park side that might be prime.

Wish me luck cuz I am gonna need it.

Well its finally gonna happen. Lol. I have beer league softball on Sundays and when the Bow opens up again next week I will hit up the bo by shouldice for an attempt to fly with one of my buddies who know how to very well. Might be runoff so I'm planning on using streamers on the banks, maybe a B. River Bugger? Anyways I was wondering whats the best bet for line size? Looking at the fly size to line recommendations it looks like 5wt is a safe choice. Any advice on this as I wont have a few rods until I get down the basics. Anyone have any recommendations up by shouldice? I think I know of some overhanging trees on the park side that might be prime.

Wish me luck cuz I am gonna need it.

Hey man, I would go with a 6wt if I could only choose one rod. Good for streamers and nymphing. Your right about run off a comin'!

I myself have not fished the NW, but have the understanding the river fish's better Glenmore south

tightlines!