Fly Fusion Forums

Phwffc "pulsating Shramsel"

jack

John Kent, of John Kent Flies, Fox Creek, AB has developed another "killer fly" which he has dedicated to Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Canada as a fund raiser. All profits derived from the sales of this fly will be donated to PHWFFC to help in the rehab of wounded or disabled Canadian service people.

Thought I'd post this here to show everyone what a new, fresh off the creative vise, "killer" looks like:

PHWFFC_Shramsel.jpg

Well done, John. :wave_smile:

j

:whistle:

John Kent, of John Kent Flies, Fox Creek, AB has developed another "killer fly" which he has dedicated to Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Canada as a fund raiser. All profits derived from the sales of this fly will be donated to PHWFFC to help in the rehab of wounded or disabled Canadian service people.

Thought I'd post this here to show everyone what a new, fresh off the creative vise, "killer" looks like:

PHWFFC_Shramsel.jpg

Well done, John. :wave_smile:

j

Hi Jack

That is a killer pattern, fishes well, has for many years. I believe we call them Scamsels

:whistle:

Hi Jack

That is a killer pattern, fishes well, has for many years. I believe we call them Scamsels

That name would fit, too Mike. Like many successful patterns, it's probably a combination of at least a couple of highly desired food items. To the best of my knowledge, John was playing with that pattern when he was running Tunkwa Lake Lodge, a couple of years ago.

j