Fly Fusion Forums

Snaring River Question

Has anyone hiked up the Snaring river any significant distance? I know its straight forward until it becomes a steep walled canyon. Has anyone tried to hike up the canyons on either bank... Any Jasperites on the board? If you have hiked up one side or the other did you hike up the East or West side?

Been up past the first canyon wall on the...... west side where you either have to cross and head up on the otherside or bushwhack the west side..... I crossed over. I have only ever gone maybe 2 miles up from the bridge by the campground though maybe a bit less...... so not that far...... I wish I could tell you I hammered em the farther up I went but it would be a lie....... none the less the only fish I was catching was bulls and I was not fishing streamers at all...... I was a rookie the last time I fished that far up the snaring and streamers were not my forte......I think it may be worth doing but I can't offer you much advice other then that

sorry just read my post and it makes no sense...... I reccomend you bring lots of streamers, especially weighted ones I think this was the one technique that would have made me more successful that I didn't use. I have done prettu well on streamers in various places farther down since then and have found that some of the bulls especially the bigger ones are in the deeper faster runs in some cases rather then the pools. The pools do seem to hold some smaller bullies. The river also has some big bows I believe but I have never managed to catch one bigger the 17 inchs....