Fly Fusion Forums

Ftr / Fernie Dates....help Needed

Greetings,

Love the site.

I had a trip planned to Fernie and/or Trunk Road the last week in July. Now it looks like that might not happen due to a conflict. Would earlier in July or 2nd week in August provide better action. I am thinking later is better as long as there are no fire closures. I have only been up one other time and that was 6 years ago so I don't have a lot of experience to call on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Sackett

Greetings,

Love the site.

I had a trip planned to Fernie and/or Trunk Road the last week in July. Now it looks like that might not happen due to a conflict. Would earlier in July or 2nd week in August provide better action. I am thinking later is better as long as there are no fire closures. I have only been up one other time and that was 6 years ago so I don't have a lot of experience to call on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Sackett

I'd go on the later date, better dry fishing.

I would go later date as well, earlier in the season has better chance of being blown out from rain. I would even go early september, my favorite month to fish

Thanks to both of you. Sounds like a no-brainer, which I thought would be the case. I would love to get up in Sept, but as a teacher that is never an option.

Has the trunk road remained open the last couple of years during August? I think two years in a row I didn't come up because it was closed due to fires.