Fly Fusion Forums

Airflo Delta Spey Black Mark

Madpiper

Hi,

New to spey casting; there is a black marker on my line I think where it transitions from head to running line, should I be keeping this just outside my rod tip while casting or where should I have it at?

Thanks

That's the idea - it marks the transition to the running line. Usually 6" or so of the running line is left outside the tip when casting. Of course, you can always go shorter depending on your needs and casting ability.

Exactly. I use a 6/7 on my rod and have the marker 1.5- 2 feet inside the rod tip when I cast. The line matches up much better. I could also cut a few feet off, but then I would have to add a loop.

• 2 weeks later...

With the delta being a mid belly line you dont have to cast it with the black mark out of the rod tip :) most of the time im fishing i never have the hole head out ^^and have the black mark well inside the rod some times still on the reel lol :) hope this helps you tons only the shorter belly lines should be cast with the head just out side the rod.