Fly Fusion Forums

Speycasting School

Whistler

As some of you already know I will be out in Alberta from April 30th - May 8. I am doing some demos and lessons in Lethbridge at the start of the trip.I will be in Calgary from May 4-8 doing both private and group lessons.

Spey Clinics are scheduled for Friday May 7th and Saturday May 8th. Loop pro staffer and local legend Maxwell Robinson will be assisting me with both of these classes. Price will be $150 + gst and class size will be limited. These clinics will start at 10am and run until around 5pm.

I will be available for private lessons(single hand and spey) throughout the day on May 4, 5 and 6th. Private lessons are $60+gst per hour or $40+gst per person per hour for groups of 2 or 3.

Please give me a call at 1-888-822-3474 if you require more info or would like to reserve your space. I can also be reached directly on my cell at 604-905-9694.

looking forward to getting out on the water with you guys

Brian Niska

bniska@whistlerflyfishing.com

• 3 weeks later...

just got back from Terrace-Spey school on the Skeena and Kalum rivers. Will be heading out to Alberta later in the week and wanted to finalize my teaching schedule. I will be in the shop all day Monday and Tuesday. Please call 1-888-822-3474 to reserve your space in thye clinics or to book private casting lessons.

Brian Niska

FWIW, I fumbled around with a spey rod for quite a while before I took lessons from Brian. I was pretty much unteachable but Brian managed to get me casting well enough to not embarrass myself. The group class is also a great place to meet other anglers who share your interests.

al

FWIW, I fumbled around with a spey rod for quite a while before I took lessons from Brian. I was pretty much unteachable but Brian managed to get me casting well enough to not embarrass myself. The group class is also a great place to meet other anglers who share your interests.

al

What Al said......X2. Brian is a great teacher for anybody interested in the double hand rods.

I am really excited for this years classes! it will be fun to help everyone learn spey casting or learn more about Spey casting! Brian and I are also thinking about going over more tactics for fishing trout salmon and steelhead aswell as the casting! still some spots available! for any more info please check out Whistler's (Brian) post above and contact him to fill your spot! see y'all on the water!

As a student to one of Brain's classes I highly suggest anyone new or thinking about getting into spey that they attented the class. Brain has a way of presenting the world of spey casting and fishing with a two handed rod that is unigue and easy to understand and learn.

As a student to one of Brain's classes I highly suggest anyone new or thinking about getting into spey that they attented the class. Brain has a way of presenting the world of spey casting and fishing with a two handed rod that is unigue and easy to understand and learn.

thanks for the kind words guys,

a few points

-these classes features the modern Northwest technique, sensible efficient casting and the technique best suited to western angling

-will definately be discussing Steelhead and Salmon fishing techniques

-I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the brand new custom Whistler Spey rod series. I am hopping to have the first prototypes available to cast at the class.

-will have the finished version of the revolutionary Whistler spey line on hand to cast. These lines feture a 30% weight reduction to comparable skagit heads and handle big flies and heavy sink tips far better than scandi lines

-fresh back from my most recent spey school at ZBoat lodge in Terrace last week, I've got lots of new tips and tricks to share. Upcoming destination schools include Dean River(june 19-26),Alaska West(july 2-9/july9-16),Bulkley(sept 24-27), Skeena(sept19-23) and Kalum(october 10-16)

let me know if any of yall wanna join,

Brian Niska

604-905-9694

I took Brian's class the last two years that he came through and saw huge improvements in my casting each time. I'd highly recommend that anyone getting into spey casting or looking to tune up for some steelheading look into this.

just a few more days left before our schools this weekend! and a few spots left! for anyone interested in Spey casting or building there skill don't hesitate to contact us! looking forward to seeing y'all on the water!

I was on the water with Brian for this today. Somewhat suprisingly, the conditions were not bad. Didn't even get cold. and the occassional sunny spot was a bonus.

This is one of the most positive spey experiences, Brian is a master at spotting and explaining the reasons my casts dont work like they are supposed to, and then showing me an easy fix.

If any of you budding spey folks or wannabe spey folks can possibly find time Fri or Saturday for the clinic, I recommend highly that you contact Brian and see if he can make a spot for you. This is truly time well spent.