Fly Fusion Forums

Snake Flies At South Bow Tying April 16,17th

ogilvie

During the time I will be in Calgary for the Spey Casting demo we will also be tying Snake and Silicone tube flies during the days when at the store...what I really like about these flies is that we can actually change the colour and density of the Cone Heads...The Silicone tubes make the fly become very squiggly and produce great movement..

Drop by to try a couple

C

We will be tying during Friday Morning and Evening,and Saturday late Afternoon

During the time I will be in Calgary for the Spey Casting demo we will also be tying Snake and Silicone tube flies during the days when at the store...what I really like about these flies is that we can actually change the colour and density of the Cone Heads...The Silicone tubes make the fly become very squiggly and produce great movement..

Drop by to try a couple

C

We will be tying during Friday Morning and Evening,and Saturday late Afternoon

If you notice this fly doesn't yet have a cone head on.. if you look closely you can see there is actually a threaded end behind the mandrel head...this system lets you choose during your outings different colour and density coneheads for different needs...a real breakthrough for the fly fisher that fished into the conditions

I will see if I can tie a few other patterns over the next few days and get them posted...we are having a sale at the store and am really quite busy with that and the renovation. These are really effective flies.

C

I sort of played around today a bit tying a streamer using Polar Bear,DNA and some Salt Water Flashabou,Tuffeleye all tied on a Tubeology Tube body finished off with a small ,screw on Black Monster Cone...this fly gets attention in all waters..

The Polar Bear belly maintains a shape during the swing or retreive..it is very possible when tying this fly to make the belly much more thick, creating a bigger silouet. Recently on atrip I used this type if fly pattern in fresh water and was somewhat amazed at the visibility of the eyes ..

Big eyes get lots of attention