Fly Fusion Forums

Alberta Fly Fishing Forum! May Harm Computer!

I hate to talk about another forum but I have to believe that some of us bounce around to the different fishing forums that are available.

So here is the heads up.

I just tried to long onto the Alberta Fly Fishing Forum and my computer blocked me and gave me the notice that visiting this website my harm my computer.

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem or if the website got hacked. But just to let people know.

Jacobin

Worked fine for me????? Maybe it has something to do with your settings?

"I'm of course using Google Chrome and notice the malware warnings are back. Here is the response from the Setbb tech...

"I can assure you there is no malware being installed. We have removed both header and bottom page. There is no way a malware can be added! Please search on google. There are many clean websites having the same issues as us ever since Google has decided to become an internet policeman!"

So please be patient folks and don't worry about any malware entering your PC.

Cheers, "

Doc

Just tried hitting your site again and yep, it's being blocked by google

No offence Doc, but your setbb tech is full of it... this happened a while back with setbb too, and it wasn't just with setbb - can't remember the exact message but it was indeed a problem in the header and it did indeed try to introduce a trojan into the system.

I had similair problems the other day on my home computer. I went to the site and a window popped up that said virus detected. It wanted me to click yes to remove it from the computer. I closed it out there was a shortcut on my desktop to some C control Program. I deleted the shortcut and went into add remove programs menu and it was in there too. It said it was 3.2 MB in size. Removed it from my programs without ever opening it. Went back on there a few hours later and it did the same thing but this time the program had a different name. Put another short cut on my desktop and a program on the list. Deleted it the same way. Haven't been back since. Any smart computer guys know if there is anything else I should do to make sure I got rid of eberything. This is the first time this has ever happened to me and both times it happened going to Alberta Fly Fishing Forum.