Fly Fusion Forums

Islander Reels

All this talk about reels thought i would ask a question.

I've bin fondling the LX series lately and noticed the "click" sound is louder on the way in then compared to going out.Both shops i have bin to say the clicker can be turned off but only on the out going end.This is very strange to me,I thought they had them set up backwards but i was assured they weren't. Why are they like this?

Check out the manual: http://www.islander.com/PDF/LXmanual.pdf

It looks like there's a clicker for outgoing that can be removed, but the pawl assembly causing the retrieve click is part of the spindle assembly. Never used an LX so I'm only guessing here.

Ya your right the pawl is switched for left and right retrieve that has to stay on.Well you could remove it for pinning i guess. The click can be removed.

Maybe its just a BC salmon thing.They like the sound of reeling in i guess.

Maybe its just a BC salmon thing.They like the sound of reeling in i guess.

Actually its one of the most effective loon calls available. Or if you fish Spider lake on vancouver Island, a bald eagle call <--poke--<

Colin

Actually its one of the most effective loon calls available. Or if you fish Spider lake on vancouver Island, a bald eagle call <--poke--<

Colin

:lol:

On loon infested stillwaters, I switch to a "silent" reel, although there is a substantial adrenalin rush when a 14" 'bow on the line changes into a PO'd 14 lb loon ! :)

j