Fly Fusion Forums

Pontoon Boats.

I'm looking to buy a new pontoon to float the bow. I was looking at one of the Water Skeeter models where you are able to stand up to fish and lean against a vertical support bar.

Does anybody have any experience with these or have any other suggestions on what other models to look at?

Cheers. :D

I'm looking to buy a new pontoon to float the bow. I was looking at one of the Water Skeeter models where you are able to stand up to fish and lean against a vertical support bar.

Does anybody have any experience with these or have any other suggestions on what other models to look at?

Cheers. :D

I have been using a River Tamer for four or more years now. I am very happy with it on the Bow and on lakes. The only down side is that it's not as portable as a belly boat but once your on the water your pretty happy to be in a pontoon. I'm too big and awkward to want to stand up to fish but I would think you wouldn't have too much opportunity to stand and fish the Bow without someone else rowing for you. The boat won't stay in the seams you want unless you control it. Usually via you flippers and occasionally the oars. For stillwaters the standing platform would be great. One question I have is are you able to kick with flippers when the platform is in place. I doubt it. Good luck with your purchase. Rick.