Fly Fusion Forums

Fff Cci Program

I didn't know there were masters in AB, but I'm glad to see 2.

I think the program is excellent and everybody I know who is a CI or at least taken the instruction has really benefited.

I'm still planning on it, I just need to find the dedication to practice.

There is a bunch of info on Sexyloops and certified casters from around the world.

Bruce Richards, Jason Borger, and many others commonly frequent the site.

This type of advice is common:

http://www.sexyloops.co.uk/cgi-bin/theboar...608;hl=cci+test

For the CCI, I would suggest the following:

1) Know the five essentials by Bill Gammel inside and out. Understand how they relate to each other. For example, if your power application is not smooth, what does that do to the Straight Line Path (SLP) of the rod.

2) Understand loops, Open loops, narrow loops and closed loops (tailing loops) and know what causes these loops shapes.

3) Remember that the CCI is a teaching certification. Direct your explanations to the student level and not the instructor.

4) Keep your explanations short and on point.

5) Be able to slow your cast to the point that it is just about falling out of the sky. Remove as much power as possible and keep the loops looking good.

6) Never ever have a tailing loop unless asked. Be able to throw a tailing loop on command.

7) Make sure that the leader straightens on all your casts to include the roll cast. The roll cast should unroll over the water.

8) Understand the Bruce Richard's six step method of finding and explaining casting faults.

9) Script all the explain and demonstrate tasks in preparation for the exam.

10) Thourghly review and understand all the CCI prep material on the FFF website and suggested reading.

Do a pretest 30-60 days prior to the exam with a certified instructor. Have them walk you through the entire exam including the explain and demonstrate. Do this with someone who does not know you if possible to get the most objective feedback.

Practice, practice, practice.

Best wishes on your journey to becoming a CCI.

akcaster

--------------

RL Winston and Scientific Anglers Pro Staff

Again, it is awesome that you are doing it!!

Good luck,

Harps

**Sorry for the sexyloops plug. I figured it was okay because it is a completely different sort of board then this one, without the same local community and feel.**