Fly Fusion Forums

Loop Opti Creek 8'2" 2wt Fly Rod

I have one, but I've only used it a couple of times. Feels more like a 3wt than a 2 and has a fairly fast action but still delicate enough for small streams. Pairs perfectly with the Opti Creek line for me, though I know Din has one as well and didn't like the line as much. I think he ended up going with a DT line on it. I've only used it for dry flies, but I think it has enough backbone to handle indicator nymphing.

I ended up sticking a SA Trout WF line on mine. Works well with my casting style.

I agree with headscan, it should handle indicator rigs. I actually have thrown big pike flies with mine...and it still handled them fairly well, just need to make sure to open up your loops. (Wasn't my intention to use it as a pike rod, but when the situation presents itself one must make do.)

I have one, but I've only used it a couple of times. Feels more like a 3wt than a 2 and has a fairly fast action but still delicate enough for small streams. Pairs perfectly with the Opti Creek line for me, though I know Din has one as well and didn't like the line as much. I think he ended up going with a DT line on it. I've only used it for dry flies, but I think it has enough backbone to handle indicator nymphing.

It is definitely a light rod as well. My example was to only show that you can throw heavier rigs if needed.

My standard fishing with it is dries size 16 and under. I have often thrown size 20/22 dries with ease and delicacy which is what your looking for in a 2wt if you have have one I think.

I dont think it is what I want then. I am looking for a lighter 2wt for small dries on small creeks. I already have a z axis 4wt for most of my stream fishing

Wayne

the creek is a sweet rod! great for everything small stream! but still has some power to cast in teh wind and a good distance compared too some softer 2wts! i ove my 3wt for all that is dryfly bt still break out the 2wt for small stream stuff!