Fly Fusion Forums

Russian Intruder

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

I thought i would post a pic of the intruders that i have been working on. Here is my newest one.

Any suggestions/criticism is welcome to turn this into a better pattern.

post-2377-1265497425.jpg

post-2377-1265497444.jpg

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Head Scan - it looks like that the pic off the site i got the pattern off of.

Pacres- the next ones i try ill have the Eumer monster cones that i got at the show

Those Eumer monster cones look pretty cool. Check out this fly that was tied with one:

http://speypages.com/speyclave/showthread.php?t=38516

I wanted to pick some up at the show, but I only had a few bucks left on me and didn't want to pay the atm fee (I must be a cheap fly tier). Luckily it looks like Fish Tales is going to be bringing some in.

That is one sexy looking overhead shot of that fly.

I picked up some of those heads, but have yet to try it. One of the guys there tying (Mike) tied me up a nice little fly using them. I just need to find some of that Finn dogg they were tying with.

That is one sexy looking overhead shot of that fly.

I picked up some of those heads, but have yet to try it. One of the guys there tying (Mike) tied me up a nice little fly using them. I just need to find some of that Finn dogg they were tying with.

Might want to check out

www.canadiantubeflies.com

They are out of edmonton.Everything you need a need a whole bunch more.

Darren, do you mean temple dog or is finn dog a temple dog replacement? From what I've been able to figure out temple dog is a step above arctic fox but below polar bear. Haven't seen it in person yet, so I don't know what the movement on it is like.

They have been using the islandic sheep hair as a replacement for the temple dog.The 2 are very close.Sheep is longer than the dog.But movement is very close.Little stiffer than using fox tail.

Darren, do you mean temple dog or is finn dog a temple dog replacement? From what I've been able to figure out temple dog is a step above arctic fox but below polar bear. Haven't seen it in person yet, so I don't know what the movement on it is like.

Finn Dog or Finn Racoon is not templedog. I think that templedog is actually domestic Dog, or originally was. Lots of guys won't use it out of priniple. The Finn Racoon is really close to templedog. It is close to Fox, but nothing close to Polar bear. If you can find it, seal on a pelt is pretty close to polar bear. The icelandic sheep is good, but I find it to be too long for most things I tie and end up scraping lots of it.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

some have 2 bullet heads and 1 disk others have 2 disks and 1 cone

The white ones is very simple

ring tail pheasant for the strands

white neck hackle

natural greenish pheasant rump