Fly Fusion Forums

Food [or Coffee] For Thought

You can do away with anything with the flawed logic this article shows. I will drive 10 minutes to 2 days just to catch fish and let them go (actually I will club a few if I drive to the coast). Totally pointless as you still have to buy protein at the grocery store, so it is a double whammy that spews unnecessary exhaust into the air as well. What about a sunday drive? driving to visit Grandma?

Where is the line that what you are doing with your vehicle is unnecessary?

This article is a prime example of political correctness gone overboard.

;mornCoffee:

You can do away with anything with the flawed logic this article shows. I will drive 10 minutes to 2 days just to catch fish and let them go (actually I will club a few if I drive to the coast). Totally pointless as you still have to buy protein at the grocery store, so it is a double whammy that spews unnecessary exhaust into the air as well. What about a sunday drive? driving to visit Grandma?

Where is the line that what you are doing with your vehicle is unnecessary?

This article is a prime example of political correctness gone overboard.

;mornCoffee:

Good point, how do we justify getting in our vehicles in the first place. wouldn't the most environmentally sound solution be to brew a pot at home....and then not buying beans but growing our own so we don't waste gas going to the grocery store for beans....where do we draw the line?

Good point, how do we justify getting in our vehicles in the first place. wouldn't the most environmentally sound solution be to brew a pot at home....and then not buying beans but growing our own so we don't waste gas going to the grocery store for beans....where do we draw the line?

The thing is Dax I feel I should not have to justify it to anyone. I do lots of things that would be deemed very environmentally friendly and some things that are not.

We should look at the inefficient organic grocery stores and compare the carbon footprint of the organic produce and goods they sell compared to the big chain stores like safeway that sell mostly mass produced food and produce.

The enviro weenies need their actions scrutinized and the outcome would surprise most.

;mornCoffee:

The thing is Dax I feel I should not have to justify it to anyone. I do lots of things that would be deemed very environmentally friendly and some things that are not.

We should look at the inefficient organic grocery stores and compare the carbon footprint of the organic produce and goods they sell compared to the big chain stores like safeway that sell mostly mass produced food and produce.

The enviro weenies need their actions scrutinized and the outcome would surprise most.

;mornCoffee:

So do you have any facts to back this assertion up or is this just your opinion being passed off as facts ?

Regards Mike

So do you have any facts to back this assertion up or is this just your opinion being passed off as facts ?

Regards Mike

Facts and zealotry rarely share the same house dude. It's easier to make broad based assertions (no matter how feeble or soft they are) than actually stand up your arguments with fact. Facts are for liberals & left wing pinkos.

al

Wow...you guys are funny. This is why we never seem to change. There is always somebody screaming we don't do enough and somebody yelling that all is well, go back to bed.

How can you disagree on finding a more efficient and/or economical way to do something? The (or an) answer in this case is the hybrid car. When it is stopped, so is the engine.