Fly Fusion Forums

Double Hook W/ Down Eye

AdamJ

I'm looking for some hooks like the one in the picture. All of the ones I have found so far are up-eyes for salmon flies, but I'm looking specifically for down-eyes. Anyone know where I can find some?? Hopefully the picture shows up...

Thanks

post-368-1264699161.jpg

Maybe check with some suppliers on the "other side of the pond"... Seems I recall seeing some of those type of hooks in the back of some of the British Fly Fishing mags that were passed along to me recently (to which I then passed along to Maxwell)...

P

I'm looking for some hooks like the one in the picture. All of the ones I have found so far are up-eyes for salmon flies, but I'm looking specifically for down-eyes. Anyone know where I can find some?? Hopefully the picture shows up...

Thanks

Wapiti in canmore has some similar hooks but they are singles not doubles with extended down eyes - the extension seems to vary between 4 and 8mm at a 45 degree angle down and the hook length is 2.5 to 3 inches or so - they are very light ( I believe the are barracuda dry fly hooks). A fella in Banff uses them for deep trolling in Minniwanka but I have samples to work up some bully and Brown streamers and clousers with. Talk to Nick if you want to pick up a few.

If you wanna see a pic let me know and I'll post a couple beside a thread spool or something for reference - I don't see why you couldn't glue and tie 2 together given how light they are. to replicate your picture above and remove one eye - not sure how that would work out - maybe not