Fly Fusion Forums

Fire Bans

are you kidding? hasnt rained down here except for a thundershower the other night that lasted an hour. must not have had any west of here coz with all the lightning there would/should have been a fire started that night. there was a big grass/crop fire near Raymond 2 days ago. still incredibly dry. IMO they should leave it closed, although a good burn is just what the forest in that area needs. later

M

there was a 40% chance of showers forecasted for here (Lethbridge) for this morning but it never happened and we're headed back into the 30's by the weekend so its not looking too good for fishing any eastern slopes any time in the next week for sure. later

M

The 14 day forecast in Crowsnest Pass looks bad for more rain. Above normal temps and dry...Sucks!! Does anybody know of firebans/closures in the other side near Sparwood/Elkford/Fernie or know a link to a BC website re: Closures/Firebans?

I can live with a fireban, it's the area closure that I'm waiting for. (foolishly postponed a trip to the Liv earlier this year.)

Still looks like it'll be closed for the next while too.

No good info on BC that I've found yet.

I can't believe the south is not getting any rain. As I type I am looking at a downpour out my window. We have had 2 1/2 inches since Tues. Was at Goldeye this week and tried to fish the Bighorn and Blackstone. Was very cold and wet. 4 degrees Wed night. So while south is still in drought the streams up here are going to be blown out with excess rain. Where does one go to fish?