Fly Fusion Forums

Water Main Break

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

Well we got lucky. They found the main water line under the foundation and successfully pulled the old line out and the new line in. If I can download the phots...the holes in the copper section was amazing...you could fit a pencil in. We now have A LOT more water coming out of the tub taps.

Now for the bill...gotta write a check...

Sigh...

Guest tallieho
Well we got lucky. They found the main water line under the foundation and successfully pulled the old line out and the new line in. If I can download the phots...the holes in the copper section was amazing...you could fit a pencil in. We now have A LOT more water coming out of the tub taps.

Now for the bill...gotta write a check...

Sigh...

You might want to give the 2 gov'ts [fed,prov.] a try...i also would think that you could use that new tax improvement.. also try the cofc ask for darryl buck[claims advisor water srvices

Remember the tax incentive for home improvement is "subject" to Parliament approval (small print on all the TV ads!)! In other words - you might not get the tax break at this point in time if the bill doesn't pass!!

P

You might want to give the 2 gov'ts [fed,prov.] a try...i also would think that you could use that new tax improvement.. also try the cofc ask for darryl buck[claims advisor water srvices

Guest Sundancefisher
Remember the tax incentive for home improvement is "subject" to Parliament approval (small print on all the TV ads!)! In other words - you might not get the tax break at this point in time if the bill doesn't pass!!

P

We are already maxed on that.

I think APEGGA should have their civil engineer that put this area together and forgot cathodic protection on the hook?

Oh well...at least we saved money having a hole opened by the city for the leak on their side of the property line.

Leaks in copper pipe are more likely due to the change in water chemistry delivered since the pipes were installed. Certain chemicals that were in copper year ago actually protected the inside, but upon removing them corrosion started to occur. This is an old story throughout North America.

Guest Sundancefisher
Leaks in copper pipe are more likely due to the change in water chemistry delivered since the pipes were installed. Certain chemicals that were in copper year ago actually protected the inside, but upon removing them corrosion started to occur. This is an old story throughout North America.

Here is one of the holes in the copper...

post-1649-1258982545.jpg