Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Around Sundre

Guest Rocknbugs

Guest Rocknbugs

Hey all, I've just purchased or shall I say my wife just purchased a vacation spot in Sundre(i was out playing golf when all of this went down), its right on the Red Deer River. I'm sure a few of you have fished this area and or the Red Deer River. I am looking for tips/hints and or suggestions on were to fish and what to use on this piece of water and surrounding creeks, rivers and lakes or ponds. I have done some reading on the Red Deer and it sounds like a pretty decent place for Browns of pretty good size but also sounds like it can be tricky. Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rocknbugs.

P.S.

If anyone is in to taking a trip out to that area to spend the night, chill with beers around a camp fire and do some fishing let me know as I plan to be there quite abit for the rest of the season.

Bro in law has a ranch in Fallen timber just south of Bergen. try the Fallen Timber Creek I had some decent luck there 2 weekends ago nothin huge but some fun on the 4 weight.

Hope to run into ya out there

Tight lines

Teck