Fly Fusion Forums

Calgary To Caresland

iliketrout

im not 100 on this but i would assume your right the bearspaw too maxbell stretch closes in teh spring and fall for the browns and bows.. the bows spawn in teh wood and elbow and teh browns move up into the city too spawn i think the reason why this stretch dosnt close is because it it not the major spawning habitat for the fish.. just like the carseland-24 bridge closes teh same for the fish that spawn below the weird and cannot make it up when the water is too low for the fish ladder.....

im not 100 on this but i would assume your right the bearspaw too maxbell stretch closes in teh spring and fall for the browns and bows.. the bows spawn in teh wood and elbow and teh browns move up into the city too spawn i think the reason why this stretch dosnt close is because it it not the major spawning habitat for the fish.. just like the carseland-24 bridge closes teh same for the fish that spawn below the weird and cannot make it up when the water is too low for the fish ladder.....

do you know roughly when the browns and bows start to move. I'm on the Bow all year and lately its been really good. Just wondering if I should expect a slow period?? I kmow most bows take off into tribs, but brown fishin should stay good? right?

the browns are spawning right now and it is best too leave them alone if you encounter any of those fish on there redds (cleaned off patches of rocks) also not al fish leave too spawn so there are always fish too catch! just try not too focus on places were they spawn.. riffles sidechannels and tailouts mainly....... most of the fish right now are in the deeper chop anyway so if you are on top of were the feeding fish are you wont be fishing for the spawners anyway

420 fly the bows are not native either.. only the athabasca bows in that drainage.. all the rest are not native.. same as browns and brookies

I can't remember forsure but i think it use to close in the spring(bearspaw to carseland)many moons ago.Then it was changed to 22x bridge to bearspaw.Then changed again to what it is now.Like Max said once they figured out where the fish spawn they closed those areas.

i would imagine 420 because the number have grown and they need too expand there habitat? ive spotted redds all the way down but i htink they are closing down the "main epicentre" check out the bridges downtown.. u can spot dozens of fish doing there thing compared too nly a few redds in the prime spots on teh endge of town and south of town