Fly Fusion Forums

Tube Flies And Tube Fly Boxes

ogilvie

Now that Steelhead season is about to really kick off here on the Island,I thought I would share some of my go-to patterns...these patterns are winners also for big trout on the Bow...some are weighted with eumer tube accessories ..

I have to clean up my attachments on this site to send more pic's ...will do today

i like the post box. what make is it?

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy..

The Tube fly box is made by "Snowbee"...most of the tube accessories are Eumer

box comes in 2 sizes...small and this one is the Large

I tie very large Tube flies for Steelhead here on the Island and in the Skeena Region of BC...we also use these flies for Bull Ttrout and the Occasional Salmon in big water....and Tarpon...What is particularly effective with these types of tubes is their ability to get through the surface pressure and down into the zone for a much more effective presentation

C

All I see is a bunch of feathers.......I'll have to get into tying tubes soon cause I want to give steels a try before we're shutdown.

There are a few feathers...the idea of these Intruder type flies is to have a big silouette and very mobile acting fly...fighting the fish with a relatively small hook

• 3 weeks later...
Ahhh..freed up some space...

I bought one of these Snowbee tube fly boxes a short time back and found it to be very good. Even larger might have been a good idea, as I normally keep the fly boxes in my seat in my Hyde Drift boat anyway, but this is nice and compact to put in my vest as well. I like the way you can leave it open and raise the flies to dry them. I use the space in the lid area to insert the rear half of my tube flies that hold the hook for those that are convertible flies mostly