Fly Fusion Forums

I Like The Premise Behind This One

Taco

Taco you must have combined the head lines - as the water rats are the river otters and the eat more is the brook trout..

Keep the stories straight!!!

like it says in the report they are here, and will stay.. they may when they finally find their niche here become larger and more suited to the area..

I once caught 7 little Cutties from under a log on a stream that I was told had Bows and Brookies.. I got two Brookies and they were very wary and I missed a few that refused my fly.. but the Dipshit cutties were like a hoard of Hyenas....

Northern river otters were/are an indigenous native species that the cutthroat co-existed with for thousands of yrs. I can show you dozens of small streams from the Bow drainage south to the US border where it was common to catch bull and cutthroat trout 40 yrs ago but now all you will find is hoards of stunted brook trout because the cutts and bulls have been completely expatriated and please don't get me started on rainbows and brown trout. The Alberta strain of westslope cutthroat, Athabascan rainbow and bull trout don't have the thousands of yrs to wait for the "natural" balance to evolve.

Dream all you want about the "Zen Experience" of "Catch and Release" " All Trout Are Equal" fishing but it comes @ a steep cost.

Yeah ive done a couple papers on the Bulls, they used to be able to catch them as far as Lethbridge back in the early 1900's, then *hit went down hill in a hurry with the introduced species and how people got mad that the bulls were aggressive and basically tossed thousands on the bank to rot and die. We surely are paying for it now. Just like we keep killing beavers and such because they ruin our brown trout streams... well beavers were here long before the browns... go figure

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

F&@K brookies EAT every one you catch, there will just be 2 more to take its place by the time you come back! I keep my limit if its clean water...they dont make it much past the first fire pit....or is it the out house...