Fly Fusion Forums

What Is The Most Commonly Useed Nymph Size On The Bow??

ghus32

no offence but thats a stupid question...and ill give my reason why too jstuify being a ass.....midges can be 16-24 bwos are 16-20 pmds are teh same caddis can be(depending on species) size 8-18 goldenstones are most commonly fished in a 6-10 but theres haldozen other stoneflies size 16-10 aswell plus we got soem big drakes and such in teh 12-10 range, craneflies 4-10 boatmen and backswimmers 12-18...so i guess u could say most beeedheads are in teh 12-18 category but if the fish arnt eating that but it aint worth a darn...latley juans and leeches 6-10 midges 16-18 pmds n bwos n tricos size 18-22 and caddis 14-16...if you a top flies you "should" have in ur box...

juans 6-10

goldenstones and black stones size 6-12

pheasent tails size 12-20

hares ears 8-20

midge larvae in red and pupae black and silver size 16-22

caddis larvae and pupae olive and tan 14-18

prince nymphs 14-28

copper johns in gold black copper and green 12-16

and that should jstu about cover the gammet roughly...goodluck dude

I don't think Max meant to offend you. I am pretty sure he was just letting you know that if you are asking a question as vague as your's, you might have trouble getting the answer you are looking for.

Don't take it the wrong way. I have yet to see anyone on this board that would purposely try to offend someone, especially someone new to the sport and this board.

I would have worded the question, "What are the most common nymphs, and in what sizes, used on the Bow River?"

Just trying to help buddy, and welcome to the board.

Totally understand...

I appreciate the replies guys. maybe we both need to work on our wording then...

I really like this forum. I have experience fly fishing just not with nymphing or with streamers.. just tried a few trips on the bow and cought couple rainbows with SJW and sjw nymph but need to be shown how fish with streame and how to read the water. I have done quite of bit of fishing for Atlantic Salmon and trout in Newfoundland I was just swining wets and dry flying.,

From Edmonton so I only get down once and a while .

Another thing to try here is to do a search.

Type in "Streamers" or "Nymphing", etc. and you will find a lot of information that should help.

Often by doing a search you will find the answer to your question.

The search app is in the upper right hand corner of every page.

Totally understand...

I appreciate the replies guys. maybe we both need to work on our wording then...

I really like this forum. I have experience fly fishing just not with nymphing or with streamers.. just tried a few trips on the bow and cought couple rainbows with SJW and sjw nymph but need to be shown how fish with streame and how to read the water. I have done quite of bit of fishing for Atlantic Salmon and trout in Newfoundland I was just swining wets and dry flying.,

From Edmonton so I only get down once and a while .

Guess that explains the "stupid question", Max; the two key words in here are "Newfoundland" & "Edmonton". :lol:

Just kiddin', b'y! Welcome to the forum!