Fly Fusion Forums

Fenwick Rods

clarki

Of no fault of my own (read: it was all my fault) I broke my fenwick legacy series spinning rod. (hey no snickering) I love this rod, had it forever and cant bare to see it go without seeing if I can get a fix. anyone have experience getting a rod fixed with these guys??? thanks

M

Where did it break? chances are if its a tip break you can just buy a replacement tip and put it on if the break is pretty much clean..... if the blank is split you may not be able to do this as the blank is never going to be strong again..... if its a serious break farther down the rod or split you may be SOL...... Not to familiar with this series or with fenwick in general but if its several years old chances are the company does not have a replacement piece or rod to give you....... you could try calling them and asking thats the best bet..... Also if its outta warranty which I would assume it likely is you may have to pay a decent penny for the fix if it is fixable even.......

I broke a 700 dollar fly rod last night......... tip snapped when casting which is weird as i had just landed a fish on it..... I hope I don't have any troubles with the G loomis warranty coverage....... I guess now I find out what their lifetime warranty is really worth

no problem

quite a few shop carry some in assorted sizes and designs..... I don't know of one in calgary but the one in canmore has a few...... I used one on a fly rod for quite some time. And yes it just basically slips on you put a bit of crazy glue or epoxy inside I guess and bobs your uncle. But I wouldn't drive all the way to canmore to find one especially since they do not have every size and type...... must be able to call around to a few shops and track down one..... just bring the big piece to the shop so you can test out to find the right size. Like I said though if the blank has split....... it may never be the same and could break on you again...... I would try the bigger shops like say wholesale and russels ect....... if not maybe someone else can suggest some shops that might have them......

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there. I broke a good quality Abu Garcia spin cast rod a few years back. I got a hold of the manufacture and they had me ship it to them. They called (or wrote, can't remember) and said the rod was not covered under warrantee but as a valued customer they would offer to sell me a similar rod at cost price. I got a very nice replacement for about twenty dollars. They are the same people who handle Fenwick and I'm sure they will treat you right if you get a hold of them. I don't remember the company name but Russels in Calgary should be able to put you on to them. I do remember they were located in Portage la Prairie Manitoba which I thought was interesting. Rick.

Fenwick are very reasonable to deal with, as long as your rod was a quality product, I'm sure you'll have no issues. Fenwick offers quite a broad variety of rods, the Canadian Tire 29.99 combo junk and higher quality products, I don't believe they offer anything warranty wise on their economy line.