Fly Fusion Forums

Speaking Of Crap

I typically fish south of 22X and have to contend with a ton of dog walkers along the trails.

No big deal, I like dogs and they need to be walked. What I notice more lately is the lack of scooping

that the walkers do on the trails.

But what really gets me are the ones who bag their dogs crap and then leave the bag on the trail.

They dont realize that now they are breaking two laws.

But what really gets me are the ones who bag their dogs crap and then leave the bag on the trail.

I do this all the time except off to the side of the trail, and even below 22x. The trick is that I pick the bag back up on my way out. I also, and this is the really crazy part, pick up other bags I see on the trail on my way out and toss them in the garbage at the parking lot. Hell, I've even been known to use one of my dog bags to pick up what someone else didn't. I know, it's really mind boggling to do something about it instead of bitching about it on an internet forum.

I typically fish south of 22X and have to contend with a ton of dog walkers along the trails.

No big deal, I like dogs and they need to be walked. What I notice more lately is the lack of scooping

that the walkers do on the trails.

They dont realize that now they are breaking two laws.

Actually 3. That area is treated as an off leash area when in reality it isn't.

My personal favorite is when the trash can would get full, people would just continue to dump the poop on the ground next to the trash can. Let those damn garbage collectors deal with it!

Never really bothered me to tell ya the truth, the off leash part anyway. Just noticed that they put the sign up a couple of years ago and no one pays any attention to it. The poo on the ground next to the trashcan? Maybe a little!

I remember being there one day and a dog jumped in right next to me. Big, young lab. Looked at the dog and laughed, then back to my suddenly missing indicator. Set and caught a nice rainbow. The lady comes up while I'm fighting the fish and apologizes. I tell her no problem, but the dog can't leave cuz it was a good luck charm!

I do this all the time except off to the side of the trail, and even below 22x. The trick is that I pick the bag back up on my way out. I also, and this is the really crazy part, pick up other bags I see on the trail on my way out and toss them in the garbage at the parking lot. Hell, I've even been known to use one of my dog bags to pick up what someone else didn't. I know, it's really mind boggling to do something about it instead of bitching about it on an internet forum.

I always wondered why you smelled like *&%$, know I now.

Never really bothered me to tell ya the truth, the off leash part anyway. Just noticed that they put the sign up a couple of years ago and no one pays any attention to it. The poo on the ground next to the trashcan? Maybe a little!

I remember being there one day and a dog jumped in right next to me. Big, young lab. Looked at the dog and laughed, then back to my suddenly missing indicator. Set and caught a nice rainbow. The lady comes up while I'm fighting the fish and apologizes. I tell her no problem, but the dog can't leave cuz it was a good luck charm!

I actually talked to one of the FC cops about it back in the spring. He said that it was technically not allowed but that the Lafarge forest (or whatever it's called) doesn't mind or enforce it so I wait until we get there before unhooking his leash. He also doesn't chase birds or any other animals - he only seems to be interested in fetching his ball and sniffing fish while I release them. The rest of the time he just sits on the grass or stands in the water watching me fish.

Brad, at least I only smell like it and am not full of it <--poke--<

Mr headscan - For the last 11 years, every spring, I have organized and coordinated a volunteer litterpick in my community, last year I had over 170 volunteers - On top of that I am constantly cleaning up other peoples dog crap, both in and out of bags DAILY along the Bow river. So please don't assume bitching about it is the only action I take

BTW - OK,... its great you pick up your dog poop, and other peoples too, but consider how others on the trail may view the situation - maybe some less considerate person will decide, oh screw it everyone else is just leaving it on the path so I am too - maybe the concept is just too mind boggling, but you may be a role model whether you intended it or not.

Besides I don't wanna see bags of crap along the trails I hike, whether someone is coming back for them or not - littering is littering - just like stealing is stealing, even if you plan to give back what you took.