Fly Fusion Forums

DF365 - Tribute to Grandpa

flyartist

tattoo.jpg"Cassi's Tribute- Art on Skin" I received an email about a week back from Cassi asking permission to use a fly for a tattoo. I have had other request for use of fly art for tattoos, but Cassi has been the only one to not only follow through, but to send a picture of the art immediately after it's completion. Cassi used No. 363 as her choice of body art. Now for the coolest part of the story. Cassi had this tattoo done as a tribute to her grandfather. Here is what Cassi had to say about her life and her Grandpa: "My entire family lives in LA and I spent time with my Grandpa deep sea fishing for tuna and fishing for bass in Newport. I have been fishing with him since middle school. It has been the best time of my life. When my granpa turned 59, he retired from Lockheed and moved to Oregon to learn to fly fish. He unexpectedly passed away one year after moving to Oregon. Three years ago I moved to Oregon into my grandfathers house. A good friend of mine took me on a fly fishing raft trip. We were not that successful, but we had an awesome experience. This is what it must have felt like to my Grandpa to learn something new." I am extremely grateful that my art can help create a lasting memory for someone who had a great love of fishing and for his family. B.C. You have a fantastic Grandaughter who now has artwork inscribed in your memory.524698786610468130-3388539081843080510?l=drawingflies365.blogspot.com

View the full article