Jump to content

SkeenaWaters

Members
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Good

About SkeenaWaters

  • Rank
    New member

Profile Information

  • Location
    Skeena Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. PS: it looks like most of the hookups were pretty solid. With debarbed hooks the fish has a 50/50 chance! I have had trophy sized chinook close to the net, only to manage that twist or roll that throws the hook. Disappointing but hey-quick easy release! BTW- recent literature on catch and release fishing notes greater risk of damage to the fish when exposed to freezing temps, particularly the eyes. We try to unhook our fish without taking the head out of the water once the air temps get too much below the water temps. Just an observation, not meant as criticism. Just passing info on that was p
  2. Hey thanks for the video Dan. It was great entertainment as I look out at 3’ of snow. You have good company in losing hooked fish. Finding them is 90% of the puzzle and it looks like you had good results with that. Keeping them from coming unpinned is the other 10%. I sometimes fish with a click-pawl Hardy for steelhead and find that I can’t be asleep at the switch when a fish takes. Out of curiosity, what type of flies are you using? Often longer leech style or intruder patterns will get a “short take” where the fish grabs the material at the end of the fly, realizes it isn’t food and
×
×
  • Create New...