Fly Fusion Forums

Tenkara

genn

Wow...fantastic bit of info, I thank you very much DMcD, as well as I'm sure, so will others..I'm going to make a jig, from all of the directions there and I guess we will see the out come..I thought I had seen somewhere in one of the shops they sold these types of leaders, have to check into it further................Wolfie

Ok I am very interested. I have a trip up to the Little Smoky River at the end of Sept. I think it may be ideal for that. Any thoughts?

first off have u seen their video on the style of fishing,

, if you have and it's a go..then maybe you better place ur order for a rod and line to be ready for the end of Sept...........

I ordered mine in the AM and received notice that it was shipped via USPS, same day. If you do order, stipulate USPS shipping. UPS and FedEx will both rip you for "brokerage", even though none is required.

j

I ordered mine in the AM and received notice that it was shipped via USPS, same day. If you do order, stipulate USPS shipping. UPS and FedEx will both rip you for "brokerage", even though none is required.

j

I got some interesting news this evening about this style of fishing...was talking with my neighbor who is Chinese, and he was telling me that it isn't Japanese but originally comes from Taiwan, and that these rods are very popular in China. He also told me the cost, in Canadian dollars the rods , depending on length of course would range from $20.00-$40.00 cdn., and so I ordered 3 of them..11', 13', 15'..he was telling me that this style of fishing, they use bait as well and catch very large fish..Without the need for a reel, wish I could get the magazine he showed me , that way I would scan some pics to show everyone. ...........Wolfie