Fly Fusion Forums

Know Your Rights As A Fisherman And Watch Out For A Holes

Was it ever cleared up whether or not the Saras had bed rights? I know there was another post that got WAY out of hand on the subject. Just wondering as I'll be down in the area for 3 weeks if someone had found out with absolute certainty before the thread was deleted?

First post on the 2nd page. It would appear that they do not have rights to the streambed.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post on the 2nd page. It would appear that they do not have rights to the streambed.

ya saw that post but It's just a logical supposition based on how the title transfer should have worked but not an absolute. It's not that big of deal I guess. If I end up in the area I'll see what happens theres lots of river.

well...why don't you print off what has been posted on page 2, and drop in there and have a friendly chat with them..they will only chat with you or throw you off their property, in which case if they did, that will let you know that all was a bluff to only cater to their guests..then report back to us ..how's that?.............Wolfie

well...why don't you print off what has been posted on page 2, and drop in there and have a friendly chat with them..they will only chat with you or throw you off their property, in which case if they did, that will let you know that all was a bluff to only cater to their guests..then report back to us ..how's that?.............Wolfie

I'll probably just avoid the whole issue. I like to take my trips this time of year to avoid the people. Camp grounds are generally empty, I can cook breakfast in my gonch with out offending anyone. Most mornings I come with in 5 feet of deer grazing at my camp. There's also very few times when I get to where I decide to start fishing that I cross paths with anyone the rest of the day.

I had a similar problem last fall on the Fallentimber, directly upstream of the Fallentimber Recreation area. There's a gentlmen who lives up on the high bank just upstream of the bridge who informed me the land to the water's edge was private property. I told him that to the best of my knowledge I was within my rights to walk below the high water mark. He disagreed and informed me I would be charged with tresspassing if I took a step out of the river. Rather than argue, I politely left (I try not to do too much wading in brown trout streams in late fall) and fished downstream instead. I always access at a public crossing or ask permission and this is the only problem I've ever had.

Anyone else know the guy I'm talking about?

I think I know the house your talking about, on the curve just after the split in the road, that bridge. fished there once, dude in the house watched like a hawk as I moved up steam, but did not say anything.

Different spot (direcctly west of there) but yah, that guy never looks impressed either.