Fly Fusion Forums

Sandinavian Two-handed Workshops And Gear Trials

Two-handed Workshop

For Beginners to Intermediate to Advanced

Instructors: Dan McCrimmon and Jack Cook

Beginners - Limit 10
Saturday June 27, (9:30 AM to 4:30 PM)
June 27th. 9:30 AM Short talk by Jack Cook on lines and fly's. Then rod and line testing and trials. Try-out all the best of GUIDELINE

Lunch Break

1:00 PM Beginners lessons on shooting heads, Scandinavian style (short stroke), and constant tension casting. Covers the basic casts for fishing.

THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO TRY THE BEST LINE AND ROD COMBINATIONS SCANDINAVIA HAS TO OFFER.

Advanced - Limit 6
Sunday June 28, (9:30 AM to 4:30 PM)
28th - 9:30 AM to 12:30 . Intermediate and Advanced - Short talk by Jack Cook on advanced lines and fly fishing techniques . Rod and line testing and trials 10:30 -12:30. Try-out all the best of GUIDELINE!

Lunch Break

1:00 PM Advanced casting theory, casting techniques, constant tension casting. The advanced class is a problem solving class with participants working as a team. This will involve learning the derivation of different styles and their present day applications. One on One casting coaching. One on one problem solving.

Attendees may attend both classes if space permits. Sign up as soon as possible!

Dan McCrimmon
Dan is a member of the Federation of Fly Fishers Casting Board of Governors, Master Certified Casting Instructor, and a Two-handed Casting Instructor program examiner.
He is also a respected examiner for the Federation of Fly Fishers International program.

Dan has international warm water, cold water, river, lake and salt-water fly fishing experience, and is an experienced instructor, whose goal is to have both his beginner and advanced students meet their maximum potential.
Dan’s focus has been learning from the masters in the art of underhand casting and Scandinavian style fishing with two-handed rods. He is also a proud Member of the GUIDELINE Fly Products Power Team
‘His precise and humorous training sessions and demonstrations deliver fly casting techniques that will stay with you for ever’. Richard Wentz - Editor- Flyfisher Magazine

Jack Cook
While my flies for Salmon and Steelhead are legendary my real passion lies in fishing them. You will find me on the water daily with excellent GUIDELINE products and often teaching and putting on demonstrations to teach techniques to eager anglers.
With over 20 years fishing with two handed rod with long, medium, and short rods and lines Jack is experienced enough in casting and fishing to help you select and dial in the perfect rod and line combination.

WE WILL MEET AT THE END OF SOUTHLAND DRIVE, NEAR THE FOOTBRIDGE at 9:00 AM

• 2 weeks later...

Since I will be in town for a couple days I plan to do some fishing in the evenings. Following that, if there is some interest, I would be happy to spend an hour or two somewhere conducting a line welding class. Someone local will need to figure out where and be in charge if the details. Then let me know where to be and when and I will have you all welding lines in no time.

Let me know at babar@speyman.com

Cheers!