Fly Fusion Forums

Muir Lake Today

Guest FoamStoner

Guest Jeremie

Hit muir today and fished from shore, many fish cruising around the shallows and managed 4 decent hook ups with 1 to hand. Many fish are in their spawning colours this fish is about 19"-21" and he hit a Olive crystal bugger #2

P5020084.jpg

P5020085.jpg

P5020086.jpg

P5020087.jpg

That place is TOUGH to shore fish, the whole edge is very swampy and you'll sink up to your neck in a hurry! I tried it, ended up back at the dock (and landed a couple from there on boatmen this fall). Good on ya for getting nice one from shore! I liked the place, would be awesome with a pontoon!

I liked the place, would be awesome with a pontoon!

As long as the weeds don't get ya. Last couple times I've fished it, the weeds were pretty bad. Pontoon isn't too bad, but Belly boats are almost impossible at times. Nice fish out of there.

If you get to know the lake the weeds are a non issue.(Except for the belly boaters, they're screwed.) I fish it with an aluminum boat no problem. The shoreline is what we should dream of for every delayed harvest lake. Keeps the poachers at a distance.

Guest Jeremie

the bay that i was in had loads of fish. This fish was caught from the south end and the other 4 hook ups were from that bay on chronomids. You just need hip waders and the mud is fine.

the mud is fine.

not if your 250lbs :)

I sunk to my knees and barely got out the first time I was fishing it, and didnt dare go close again. Had to find an old board to lay flat on the mud to get close enough to fish it at most places. If your gonna fish this lake from shore take along a 2ft x 2ft peice of plywood to stand on :)