Fly Fusion Forums

Grey's Rods Experience?

I've run into a retailer in Toronto this past weekend who sells Grey's Rods. Anybody have any experience with them that can comment?

Specifically, I'm looking at the 10' GRXI in an 8wt for great lakes salmon and ontario bass fishing. If you have had any experience with them, then your comments would be much appreciated!

I'm also considering the Sage Launch and FLI (although the Sage's don't seem to come in 10' lengths) and the TFO TiCr.

I have the 10' 4wt streamflex and am picking up the 10' 3wt soon, as well as the 10' 7wt g-tec, there awsome rods. Highly recomend them to anybody, i use the streamflexes for euro nymphing and the g-tec will be for fishing loch style. I think there the best value on the market at the moment, the 10' 8wt is an awsome salmon rod, lots of people on the island have them for beach fishing. The only thing i don't like about them is the time waiting to get warranty repairs as they have to go back to the uk i think.