Fly Fusion Forums

What A Bunch Of Bull$&!t

Man what a day at my fishing spots. First one i hit up the government decided to do so clean up and river rerouting in the past 2 weeks way to go at ruining a awesome hole that held bull trout this time of year and some nice rainbows in a month and then a holding spot for whitties in the fall. Thanks alot cause you really needed that extra flow into irrigation ditch so it can just go on the over flow and come out a half a mile down stream....Thanks i am glad my tax dollars paid for that.

So i head to my next quick spot at 552 by the one lane bridge over the highwood. I get there and wonder if there is a function going on cause there has to be at least 30 cars parked there. Nope no function just a mass amount of river rafters... drinking beer making a mess. I have to think that because of the crack down here in calgary rafters are finding other places to go. Way to go city of calgary i can just about imagine the mess that is going to be left behind. I may take a drive out there tommorow to see. Also i glad to see parents are so brilliant letting there kids cliff dive into an area the size of a pickup. good job. Well looks like if i want to fish the highwood i have to hike to my seculeded spots.