Fly Fusion Forums

Goldeye Flies

What works. I caught some on worms last night, but to hell with that, I want em on the fly. First up to bat will be SJW with stimulators on deck and big stones in the hole.

Lots of goldeye in the big muddy Peace, how do I catch em. The pike and eyes are ignoring my streamers, mostly because of the less than 3" visibility. Supposed to be way better in the fall.

Have to settle for goldeye, they fight great, what have ya caught em on!?

anything that floats.. probably teh easiest fish i have ever tossed a fly too. IMHO..... use too fish em here n there in teh red deer and whateer big bushy dryfly u got should work dead drifted tehn skated... had times were u would ahve 2 or 3 on teh line at teh same time.... as for nymphs.. whatever sinks.. go with black or somethign with flash if teh river is muddy.....

Being from Med Hat, and the South Sask river Being right here... as a kid growing up, my buddies and I were always fishin the River for Goldeye....The one thing I learned over the years is that they are on the move....We would find them in one spot one day....And gone the next...So I think you are on the right track as you say you are going to try another spot....When Ya findem, you will have a hoot!!...Heck, you can drift a peice of foam and they will rise for it...LOL...(when ya find them)...

Cheers...Jeff..

Man we tried big stimmys tonight for a couple hours and only one single take. But then again, we didn't hit many on bait either. Gotta find a better spot I think.

Goldeye will often go crazy for a fly that skims across the surface. After your cast just start slowly lifting your rod tip 'till you ge a nice little wake after it. They'll often take several hard snaps at it

Nothing doing tonight. No risers to be seen but the river is up, but clearer. Maybe 6" now. Whoo it's clean its clean :$*%&: Gonna head downstream this weekend to find better H20 to cast into. Did hook one walley tho