Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Near Revelstoke, B.c.

Hey, y'all!

Headin' out to Revelstoke in a couple of weeks with the wife, 10yr old daughter & 10yr old niece. Thinking of trying to squeeze

in a little fishing while we're there; any ideas? Not fussy-can be trout,bass,perch, even squawfish- anything easily accessible

that will keep the kids interested long enough for me to get a fishing fix. Really appreciate any help from my FFC brothers &

sisters.

Thanxalot in advance,

Bob Loblaw(AKA Steve M.)

I've been racking my brain trying to think of somewhere around Revy that is Kid friendly, but can only come up with one. I've fished the area a lot, but no where that would be good for kids.

The one place I can think of is a little lake just on the edge of town. I'm not sure the name of it, but I'm sure if you stopped in at the sports store, they would point you in the right direction, that's how we found it. There is a nice little camp ground there too.

The lake has Squaw fish and Perch in it and my kids had a blast there a couple of years ago. Someone there said there was Bass in the lake too, but the kids didn't catch any.

It might be called Williamson Lake Campground, but I'm not positive.

The kids can fish right off the dock which is nice and long with lots of room.

I know we drove right through downtown and through town and came out at this little lake/camp ground. It was about 4 or 5 kms from the city center on the south side.

There is also a cool lake up the trunk road that is loaded with Frogs. Our kids had a blast there too. Beautiful little lake, but we didn't fish it, so I can't report on that one.

Edited by MissinTheBow to lighten the load on his inbox ;)

Hope this helps a bit.

I've been racking my brain trying to think of somewhere around Revy that is Kid friendly, but can only come up with one. I've fished the area a lot, but no where that would be good for kids.

The one place I can think of is a little lake just on the edge of town. I'm not sure the name of it, but I'm sure if you stopped in at the sports store, they would point you in the right direction, that's how we found it. There is a nice little camp ground there too.

The lake has Squaw fish and Perch in it and my kids had a blast there a couple of years ago. Someone there said there was Bass in the lake too, but the kids didn't catch any.

It might be called Williamson Lake Campground, but I'm not positive.

The kids can fish right off the dock which is nice and long with lots of room.

I know we drove right through downtown and through town and came out at this little lake/camp ground. It was about 4 or 5 kms from the city center on the south side.

There is also a cool lake up the trunk road that is loaded with Frogs. Our kids had a blast there too. Beautiful little lake, but we didn't fish it, so I can't report on that one.

The Trunk road was a great drive and I highly recommend it. Beautiful scenery, lots of places to stop and see....you might want to bring your rod for that drive, that's all I can say for my own safety.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks muchly, MTB!

You're a righteous dude & your help is very much appreciated.

We will absolutely check out the spots you recommend; I'm sure I can talk the 3 ladies into at least a little fishin'.

Many thanks,

Steve