Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing/camping Tunnel Mountain Banff

nympho

I am going camping at Tunnell Mountain in Banff over the weekend with the family. I was thinking of taking my daughter fishing. Can someone recommend an area where she may be able to catch a fish? How's the flyfishing in the area?

Thanks,

Brian

You could try Johnson's Lake. It's a small lake you can walk around and should have some luck. Two Jack Lake is also in the same area. Remember you will need a National Park Fishing License. You could stop in at Monod Sports in town and ask them for recommendations as well.

johnson lake will be super busy with beachgoers during the day. Take yer swimsuit. There's a big rope swing too.

If you're gonna fish there go in the evening. I've heard stories that the fish come in closer to the beach (on the left side) where the weeds are and it can be really good.

The boat dock in town (behind the hospital) might be worth checking out. It's been years, but i used to fish there. The river splits there (off to vermillion) and the murky water meets with very clear water. Early evening would be best to try there as it's busy too during the day.