Fly Fusion Forums

Confused Over Regs

sorry if this sounds stupid but i was told by a person at a store that the bow river is open all year from the weir in town by 17th ave/ blackfoot down to Carsland. So that was good... then I asked about fish creek park cause i couldn't find it in the regs so i thought it didn't open until June 16...you know "for lakes, streams, and..bla bla..not listed under ES1 open June 16 or something...section C of the general rules i think..i don't have a copy here at the moment. The person said well its the bow river and thats open all year in that section ..but in the park in one of the bulliten boards overlooking the bow was a notice by the park that said there is no fishing in the park untill june 16. This was down at the Bow Bottom access by Deer Ridge at the big parking lot between the two access roads to go into Sikome lake which by the way was closed. I just don't want to get a visit by a fish cop cause i couldnt understand which areas which or whats closed or open. Any clarification on this would really help... i mean i tried figuring it out but i've found people on ffc here are invaluble. Friendly and helpfull just like back home which is nice to find in a city this big.

I would say that if the sign at the access says there's no fishing there until the 16th then you probably shouldn't fish there until the 16th. Fish Creek is not the Bow, it is a tributary of the Bow...they are not the same thing. Having said that, I must admit that my experience with the Bow is limited as I only fish it once or twice a year.

thats a cool lil creek, went down there last week with my step daughters class to learn about watersheds (Im a Biologist too) and it was milk choco and had flooded the week before. Hopefully I can get down there when it opens and is clearer. That my kinda place to fish

SW