Fly Fusion Forums

River Ediquate

The post on the Bow for the 9th talked of the congestion at the confluence. What are the rules of engagement when it becomes like that. Start at the tail, Go to the head ask to join in the fun or find another spot. Have seen some glares when you even think about joining in. Just looking for some input on this.

Thanks

Guest bigbadbrent

don't fish the confluence..problem solved :P (we weren't even at the confluence and that happened)

As shown, no matter what you think is right, someone else will think your wrong..

just be polite and ask if you can go downstream of them before you start..

Just walk 15 minutes up or down stream. It's a big river and there are fish in places other than the confluence, though I understand the draw at this time of year. Otherwise get there earlier so other people will have to ask you if they can fish in (though most won't).

Just say hi and ask if someone minds if you jump in...but obviously, that only works if there's room. You don't want to crowd that badly. Last I was there I fished around for a few hours and jumped in when someone left. There are fish all over there - you don't have to fish the mouth.

Twice I've had people walk right up and start fishing no more then 20' away from me. Both times I had to move upstream just to see them both catch fish right away. Next time I'm going BBB on them and chewing a strip off them. lol

I by no means feel I own the river, but you should, IMO stay say 50' away at least, I'd prefer more myself as I like to throw out a Mega-drift once in a while. I also like to move up or downstream almost constantly, so the crowds are not for me. In my case, both times were at a relatively short run, and the fish stack up there, yet its a big river and theres no need to be rude and plop down half way between some guys drift. :angry: