Fly Fusion Forums

Fishin For Ghosts

maxwell

spent the morning yesterday fishing the upper crow above the falls..fishing wasnt too bad but late in teh afternoon hawstoppa and i figured we sahll try to go slam mclennans pigbow he hit a number of years back..... we figured if he was still around it must be 30+ by now..... so we took a trip down memeory lane....

april07271.jpg

april07224.jpg

april07262.jpg

april07255.jpg

water is mega low and it was cool to see what was at the bottom of the resivoir but depressing at the same time hearing b's stories of what useto be here n there.......

april07231.jpg

april07226.jpg

april07237.jpg

brian coudlnt resist fishing his favorite run as a kid

april07245.jpg

we found a few fish but according too brian she aint what she useto be....

april07241.jpg

Yeah cool pix max. Too bad the crow / Oldman confluence isn't there anymore and what river we did waslk today was a sad, sad place. A tiny mud filled river between two dry mud banks. My heart longs to fish the crow pre-damn era again, my spots I cut my teeth on fly fishing are, well, GONE. :o

Fun day, the water's low and very clear, fish are there but tough. You get one in a good run and maybe two, before you see the rest all darting around the pool in a panic to find some shelter and dissapear. We ended up having a pretty good day both in numbers + size anyways, and it was fun to check out what I think I'll now call the "boneyard" stretch :(