Fly Fusion Forums

Wabamun Made Catch And Release Only In 2008

Unbelievable what an oil spill will do. I'm opening trophy fishery. Can you say 35 lb pike?

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/

Wabamun Lake & tributaries & outlet & canals

Apr. 1 to May 15 – CLOSED

May 16 to Sept. 30 – Walleye limit 0; Pike limit 0; Perch limit 0; Lake Whitefish limit 0; Burbot limit 0.

Oct. 1 to Nov. 30 – Open only between sunrise and sunset of each day; hook size must not measure more than 10 mm from point to shaft – see hook size; Walleye limit 0; Pike limit 0; Perch limit 0; Lake Whitefish limit 0; Burbot limit 0.

Dec. 1 to Mar. 31 – Walleye limit 0; Pike limit 0; Perch limit 0; Lake Whitefish limit 0; Burbot limit 0.

*Capital Health advises against consumption of fish from Lake Wabamun at this time due to potential for residual contamination from 2005 oil spill, call for details (780-413-7927).

lol I wouldn't want to be a poacher eating fish from that lake. There are some nice fish there though.

Darren, Doc and I were out there a few weeks ago. There were a couple of guys slicing and dicing their fish right at the garbage can on the warm water outlet. I saw them pack up the fillets and leave.