Fly Fusion Forums

Double Bunny

sirocco

Is there a specific advantage to gluing/sewing the rabbit strips together? I tied one up securing the second strip by piercing it through the hook, and I don't see how gluing the two strips together would make it that much better. I'm curious as to if this assumption is incorrect?

Guest bigbadbrent

Gives it a bigger profile in the water, and also helps keep them away from the hook. I find if you don't glue, you can have them twisting up in the cast, and then it ends up not even being very fishy..Check ur pm's as well

liek brent said adding glue too teh tail will give it more of a "backbone" and have a better fishy profile..i dotn use glue because i like all the action "twin" tails give off the back end...its a preference thing i suppose..sometimes my tails swing around teh hook bend but its no big deal if u check ur rig before casting...

It also helps to use a glue that doesn't get stiff and impair the action............Dave at Fish Tales stocks some leather glue that works very well..........

Problem with Knot Sense is how ya gonna get the UV to it between two strips of wabbit??? :o .....I use KS for epoxy heads on flies as per advice from Dave at Fish Tales, but it gets rock solid and I don't think it would be a good one for bunny fur.......I tried some Gorilla Glue or some such on my first double bunny Tasty Toads and it made the rabbit strips way too stiff to have good action..........Hence the inquiry, and the discovery, of the leather glue..........

Thanks adc and maxwell, I'll look into the leather glue.

Sirocco

I use shoe goop it works great. I use a coffee stir stick to apply the goop, you don't have to use a lot. I apply the goop to the lower piece and then pull the 2 pieces together while working the glue in both pieces. The I run my fingers up and down the lenght which helps bond them. If you ese barbell eyes cover them with goop also.

Guito